Friday, February 25, 2011

The Beginning of the Indoor Garden

I determined that the best place for my plants would be near the front window. The next step was to find a table for the plants. My mom helped me out and found a sofa table that is the perfect height for the front window and that matches my current coffee table and side tables. (Yay mom!) The table arrived yesterday and I put it together today... all by myself!



The instructions for putting the table together are of course only pictures with no words and also came with the standard Allen Wrench.


Putting the legs on the table and Kitty is cautiously watching from a distance. You can see the side table and coffee table here also. Now I own the whole matching set heh heh. 


The finished table with my first free-cycled pot on the bottom shelf. 


I also bought a potato planter which my sister helped me assemble. Since potatoes need to grow underground I figured that this was a pretty cool contraption. 


It has a little door that opens so you can dig your potatoes out once they're fully grown.


I also received my order of seeds yesterday! This Spring I'm going to attempt to grow peppers, tomatoes, carrots, green onions, mint and serrano chili peppers. Mmm... I can't wait to get planting!



Next on the indoor garden agenda is to get some more pots (free-cycled if possible) and to get some potting soil. Hopefully I will be planting by March. 

No comments:

Post a Comment