Thursday, January 27, 2011

Bloody Mary with Bacon Vodka

This is my first culinary related post and I figured that as such it should somehow involve bacon. I recently stumbled upon a recipe for bacon vodka. You can find the recipe here:
http://www.browniepointsblog.com/2008/01/20/homemade-bacon-vodka/
(I always try to give credit where credit is due). The suggestion is made to try using it in a Bloody Mary. This intrigued me. So I fried up some bacon, waited for 3 weeks and just today filtered it. I tried it in a Bloody Mary and it is delicious! There are so many different recipes out there for Bloody Marys and some of them have some out there ingredients. I've tailored my own Bloody Mary recipe and adding the bacon vodka to it makes it perfect! Here is my Bloody Mary:




And here is my tailored Bloody Mary recipe (now featuring Bacon Vodka!):

2 oz Bacon Vodka in a highball glass filled with ice
Fill glass with tomato juice
1 dash celery salt
1 dash ground black pepper
2-4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
1 dash lemon or lime juice
Stir with a celery stalk and serve

2 comments:

  1. Ooo I didn't know I could comment on here with my livejournal account... Anyway... This bacon vodka bloody mary is DELICIOUS! I think you should make some more bacon vodka soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking about this the other day... I'll let you know when I make more! :)

    ReplyDelete