Saturday, January 29, 2011

Organic Vodka

Until recently I didn't know that organic vodka existed. A couple months ago I walked into my local liquor store and there happened to be a woman inside giving out samples of various alcohols. She had me sample a citrus flavored vodka and then told me that it was organic. It tasted smooth and less harsh than any other vodka that I had previously tried. So I picked up a bottle of Moon Mountain vodka.

How is vodka organic? Well it turns out that Moon Mountain vodka is made from organic grain. You can learn more about their brand here. Just last night I tried their Wild Raspberry flavor which was equally delicious!



While doing some research about green restaurants in Chicago I stumbled across a place that uses organic vodka in their drinks. Unlike Moon Mountain, they use organic white corn to make their vodka. This brand, called Rain Organics, had more flavors to choose from than Moon Mountain and I decided to go with Cucumber Lime. It sounds weird, but it tastes great! The refreshing flavor of the cucumber goes down smoothly. There is something about organic vodka that seems to make it less harsh than regular vodka. I'm not sure what it is, but I like it!


You can learn more about Rain Organics here. As far as other organic alcohols go I haven't come into contact with too many and these two are the only ones that I've tried. I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for more organic vodka as I scan the aisles of the liquor store from now on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment