Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My First Freecycle Transaction

I completed my first Freecycle transaction today! I've been perusing the OFFER posts for something I've been wanting/needing, but I haven't found anything. So I started going through the WANTED posts to see if I could find a post for something that I had laying around and wasn't using. I came across a post for a floor length mirror.  I responded to the post yesterday and set up pick-up for today. Like Vanessa in Sleeping Naked Is Green, I was a little apprehensive, but I live in a condo building so I advised my fellow Freecycler to ring the buzzer and I would come down with the mirror. I ended up getting rid of this mirror...



It's been sitting around in my closet for a while and one of the bars for hanging came off, but I still had it and the screws so it could be re-attached. I wasn't doing anything with this mirror and didn't need it and Freecycling it felt really really good. I got to give someone something that they needed and it avoided the garbage dump. In my opinion, those are two excellent reasons to Freecycle. Still keeping my eye on those OFFER posts...

No comments:

Post a Comment